Ramblings (Home Page)
Massive Online Games
Casual Play - MMORPG.com
Its a Rogue's World - WoW
Feeb - SWG
Videos - SWG
The Flames of Civil War
RealNetworks, Seattle WA.
Customer Support Lead on Outsource Management Team, December 1999 to Present.
GT Interactive (became Infogrames and now is Atari), Bothell WA
- Point person responsible for information coordination, policy and procedure for 7 major software product releases, including game-related releases, and 5 major ongoing subscription services.
- Managed customer service and tech support releases of several acquisition products.
- Worked with development teams to acquire product information.
- Prepared information for distribution to 4 outsource teams in the United States, Europe, and India. Wrote and implemented training materials for outsource teams around the globe.
- Consumer advocate in bug triages and development meetings.
- Assessed time and resource needs to provide product details and support policies/procedures to outsource teams.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for 6 products and 4 subscription services.
- Wrote and edited knowledge base articles for clarity and technical accuracy.
- Determined support policies and procedures that would be of greatest benefit to the customer while keeping support costs at reasonable levels.
- Maintained library of product documentation, marketing materials, and policies and processes that might affect the performance of customer service representatives.
- Created comprehensive reports for development teams regarding customer service contacts, technical issues, and customer feedback.
- Monitored reporting tools used by the support teams to ensure accuracy of reports and made changes to procedure and policy as needed.
Technical Support Supervisor, April 1998 to August 1999.
Sierra Online, Bellevue WA
- Managed a team of 20 phone and 4 email support technicians
- Set schedules, monitored for quality, administered performance reviews, and scheduled training.
- Monitored phone tree to ensure technical accuracy, and ease of use for customer.
Technical Support Representative, September 1996 to July 1997.
- Resoled customer issues via phone and email, consistently solving the highest number of issues per queue in the top tier of support. Also voluntarily cross-trained in all queues.
- Created a temporary knowledge base for internal use when corporate tools had reached their capacity.
The Art Institute of Pittsburg
Bachelor of Arts in Video Game Art and Design expected in 2007
The Art Institute of Seattle, Seattle WA
- GPA 3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Exceptional performance in courses dealing with 3d Max and content design.
Associate of Applied Arts in Video Production with Honors, Spring 2003
- 3.8 GPA with an excellent attendance record while working full time at RealNetworks
- Wrote scripts, created storyboards, planned shoots, directed and videotaped a variety of projects. Post
production work included editing, foleying, and creating motion graphics for a variety of video projects.
- Avid interest in computer media lead me to take additional courses in computer animation, web publishing, and streaming media.
- Avid video game fan, especially of the Massive Online Game genre. Maintain a personal website dedicated to content and the casual player of MMOs.
- Write a weekly column at mmorpg.com called Casual Play.
- Interested in machinima, fan-designed content and mods of video games.
- Served as Infantryman during Gulf War I, understand military structure and tactics.